Where are the rugs made?
Our rugs are handmade in a small hamlet in Andalusia, Spain.
Where does the upcycled cotton come from?
Our Andalusian hand maker has been sourcing and collecting threads for more than 20 years.
Can I order a custom rug?
Under the current climate we are not accepting custom orders. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to keep updated.
Do you have a showroom?
We are an online only retailer, unfortunately we do not have a show room to display our products. For safety reasons we cannot allow people into our warehouse. Join our newsletter or follow us on Facebook and Instagram to be notified of any pop up stores or events
The item I want is out of stock, now what?
We try to match our stock with our demand, however with items that are highly popular we can run out of stock.
We will announce via our Facebook and Instagram pages for when stock arrives.
Am I able to add items to my order?
Simply contact us ASAP and we will do our best to amend your order. However, if the item has been shipped it will be too late.
How do I cancel my order?
Contact us ASAP and we can do that for you. However, if your item has already been shipped you may be charged. Check out our returns policy.
Are you able to add a gift message with my order?
Of course, simply leave a message in the comments box as you checkout and we will add that in for you.
What payment types do you accept?
We accept Visa/Mastercard/American Express, PayPal and Afterpay.
Do your prices include GST?
Yes, GST is included.
How long does delivery take?
Depending on your location, delivery can take 2-7 business days around Australia and 14 business days to New Zealand.
What countries do you ship to?
We ship to Australia and New Zealand.
Please keep in mind that each of our rugs are handmade using traditional methods and crafted from recycled cotton, which naturally means they have imperfections which is what makes each of our designs a unique.
We love and are proud of every one of our items, and we hope that you are too.
We are not required by law to provide an exchange or refund if you change your mind, but we are happy to offer the below for your comfort.
Change of mind return:
If you change your mind, you can return your item within 14 days and we will give you a full refund or exchange subject to the following conditions:
- The items/s must be unused and in its original condition
- Returned within 14 days
- Provide your receipt with purchase details
Note: For change of mind returns you are responsible for all associated return postage and handling costs.
If these requirements are not satisfied, The Modern Hut reserves the right to not offer an exchange or refund.
Here at The Modern Hut our products are handcrafted using ethically sourced materials. Some items have slight variances in color and design. We do our best in checking our the condition of each item before they are shipped out, however if you find a fault please let us know as soon as possible.
To be eligible for an exchange or refund under our Faulty Item Return Policy, please adhere to the following conditions.
- Faulty or damaged items must be reported to us via email with images attached within 48 hours of reception.
- Faulty or damaged items must be returned in its original packing and unused condition.
- Please provide your purchase details with receipt attached
Note: In this case The Modern Hut will cover return postage and handling costs.
How to return your item?
Contact us at themodernhut.com.au
Caring for your rug
All of our upcycled cotton Rugs and Runners are machine washable.
- Wash carpets at 30° in your washing machine, or in a laundromat for large rugs (140×200 and 170×240 models).
- To keep the softness, shake them regularly between and after washes. Air dry or put in the dryer (delicate program).
- Lightly vacuum using the hard floor attachment. (Don’t forget to turn over and vacuum for extra comfort and cleanliness).
- Dry cleaning
- Using bleach
- Direct sunlight for long periods of time as this could possibly cause fading in your rug
- Shoe traffic to keep your rug feeling lovely and soft
Spills and stains:
- Immediately apply a small amount of soap and warm water and dab with a sponge or clean cloth. Do not wipe or scrub.
- For further cleaning tips please call your rug cleaning professional.
To ensure longevity, proper handling and maintenance is essential and recommended.